Monday, July 28, 2014

my nameday ..

when your namedate cycles around it's worth remembering that there are particular combinations of cosmic forces in play that played-in when you drew firstbreath
that may not be as insignificant as we tend to think, or as ungodly

the cosmos at large does affect us
most recently in my experience, the moon
   especially in the case of those who sleep outdoors

point is for me to be particularly aware of the way i am on my nameday
the way i feel
the memories that float to the top
the deja vu's
the sensations that surface

that's the environment i was born in
and it speaks to my soul

it's probably well-worth it to dwell there a bit, to meditate on it
let my soul fly a bit

choose alonetime
and do it

settle
balance
centre

reboot
refresh
rehuman
re-Jesus

.. .      .

i thank you, my Lord, for each breath
each twitter
each flutter of cool breeze
the dancing sunlight on the table, chased around by the leaves
the oceanview, way over there

this place of refuge from the daytoday
away
alone
at least for a bit

i miss my friend
i wish he were here to share it with me
maybe one day soon

No comments:

Post a Comment